The Rodano is the result of a long development process. This frame is expertly designed and constructed with high-performance Columbus steel tubing and welded using Stelbel’s favored TIG method. The Rodano is a fully customizable performance road frame built for those who love long rides and spend hours in the saddle.
We believe that steel is still the best material when it comes to making truly special, tailored frames. The Rodano is an expression of that belief. It’s a road bike designed to meet and exceed the highest expectations of today’s rider and provide a level of performance and comfort that is second to none. This model is particularly appreciated by those who spend a lot of time in the saddle and appreciate its lightness, precision in the corners and stability on descents.
During the design process, we developed a number of details that differentiate the Rodano from every other frame on the market:
- An exclusive detail is the 46mm head tube designed to accommodate a 1 “⅛ integrated headset in combination with a 1” ⅛ carbon fiber fork. We can supply forks from Columbus, Enve, 3T and WR Compositi.
- The oval chainstay, which has a constant 30x16mm diameter, helps to increase the rigidity of the rear triangle, considerably reducing the loss of power transmission from rider to rear wheel.
- The CR15 modern dropouts were inspired by one of the best known details of classic Stelbel frames. Designed to match our custom chainstays perfectly and ensure proper and quick installation of the rear wheel.
- The drive side chainstay features an internal rear derailleur cable routing and the rear brake cable is routed through the top tube, a typical feature of modern Stelbel road frames. The shifter cable tension can be adjusted thanks to the stainless steel (external) down tube cable guides equipped with inline adjusters.
- The steel tubing used stays true to the Stelbel tradition but at the same time takes full advantage of the latest technological developments. The custom tubing, made in collaboration with Columbus using double and triple-butted tubes, is naturally welded with the signature Stelbel TIG technique.
- As with all Stelbel frames, the Rodano is embellished with engravings on the head tube, bottom bracket, and rear dropouts.
Each Stelbel frame is unique, exclusively made to measure and comes with custom geometry. You can send us a professional bike fit report or alternatively follow our instructions for completing our measurement form.