If you're looking for a made-in-USA tracklocross wheelset that won't break the bank, but still uses the best parts around, then this one built with Paul Component hubs and Astral Wanderlust rims should be at the top of your list.
While the Wanderlust was born with a nose for adventure, it is also the ideal crossover rim for all-road, cyclocross and adventure builds. Designed as an adventure/gravel go-to, it is wide enough for 2.5' tires, but perfectly at home with a 28c road tire. The bomber tubeless design makes it a great cyclocross option to avoid tubulars. Available in 700c/29' or 650b/27.5' option.
We've paired this made in the USA, tubeless ready rim with hubs from our long-time USA made partner, Paul Component, because Paul makes fixed, fixed and fixed/disc hubs for a wide range of spacings and axle configurations all while maintaining their durable and lightweight design that features easy bearing adjustment. All Astral wheels feature a Tubeless Easy rim profile for tire installation that you can set up with a floor pump or even a hand pump. Handbuilt by AVT's master wheelbuiler.
- 700c or 650b alloy clincher - Disc specific
- Weight: 700c - 1570g / 650b - 1520g
- Spoke count: 28/28
- Spoke type: Sapim CX Ray
- Rim Depth: 23mm Alloy Clincher
- Rim Width: [ex] 25mm, [in] 21mm
- Hubset: White Industries CLD - Disc brake
- Freehub: CNC Machined Titanium - Shimano/SRAM 11-spd or XD
- Includes: Taped for tubeless, tubeless valves and Astral's Certainty