The Phil Wood rear ISO Disc Brake Touring hubs come with a 6061 aluminum axle, stainless steel end caps (135mm Q-R), and our standard 6902 steel bearings with an ultra-low drag Carbonyte upgrade available.
Classic rear Touring hubs are available in the following cassette configurations: 8/9/10/11-Speed Shimano, 9/10/11-Speed Campagnolo, and SRAM XD.
Phil Woods famous bearings make riding this hub like gliding on air. Phil Wood hub shells are machined using CNC (Computer Numeric Control) lathes so your hub arrives to you exactly the way Phil intended it to be. Great care is taken every step of the way to make sure your hub meets the extremely high standards that Phil Wood demands.
After the hub shell is crafted, The spoke holes are placed perpendicular to the surface of the flanges. Then, a coining operation takes place. This cold forging process compresses the metal around the spoke holes, forming an ideal seat for the spoke heads. Once the hub shell is heat treated, precision machining of the interior of the hub is performed. Only after checks and double checks is the Phil signature logo cold forged into the hub shell. The bearings and axle are installed and checked, and a final polish by hand completes Phil's meticulous manufacturing process.
Match this front hub up with one of Phil's rear touring hubs for a hub set that you'll be proud to ride for years to come.
TOURING ISO DISK REAR - 135mm QR
- Hub shell material 6061 Aluminum
- Axle material Stainless steel
- Cassette body material Stainless steel
- Cassette pawl material Stainless steel
- End cap material Stainless steel
- Rear hub width 135 mm
- Axle diameter 15 mm
- Disc mount pattern ISO (6 Bolt) *Rotor must be 160 mm or larger for proper spoke and caliper clearance.
- Cassette mechanism 5 double row pawls / 40 tooth ratchet ring
- Cassette compatibility Shimano 8/9/10/11-Speed, Campagnolo 9/10/11-Speed, SRAM XD 11-Speed
- Bearing availability Standard Steel / Carbonyte (Optional Upgrade)
- Rear hub weight 135 mm Q-R (562 grams)
- Weight limit 190 lbs / 86 kgs (rider & bike)
MADE IN THE USA (U.S.A.)