The result of a long process focused on combining the best of Italian craftsmanship with the latest engineering research, this special “Stelio Belletti” model is now in its third and most advanced version, so we’ve named it simply the SB/03. Imagined, designed, engineered and built to compete at the highest level.
The reasoning behind this project was simple: Make the best possible race bike using the latest steel technology. Originally conceived by Stelio Belletti, a continuous two year development period and two working prototypes have resulted in the third, and best, version: the SB/03.
The SB/03 is exclusively tailored to every rider, carefully monitoring and analyzing the smallest measurements and details to ensure optimal performance and eliminate the limitations and shortcomings of a normal production bike.
For those who wish to rediscover the beauty of steel, we’ve combined the best of Italian craftsmanship with the latest research in mechanical engineering to create a viable alternative to a carbon frame. We have partnered with Columbus Tubi, to create an efficient frame that manages to combine rigidity and comfort like no other frame.
- Large diameter tubing coupled with Stelbel’s unique rear triangle design gives the frame optimum rigidity, increasing power transfer and road feel.
- More stiffness has been added thanks to the inclusion of a T47 bottom bracket. This oversized threaded bottom bracket standard eliminates any of the typical drawbacks associated with press fit systems.
- One of the most distinguishing features of the SB/03 is the large, oval rear stays that measure 36x19mm and increase rear triangle rigidity which in turn improves power transmission to the wheel.
- The chain stays are welded to signature Stelbel CR15 stainless steel dropouts, manufactured with CNC machining and specifically designed for non-tapered stays.
- A tapered head tube has been adopted for maximum steering precision coupled with a 1.5″ fork and integrated headset.
- Available with forks from Columbus Tubi, Enve, 3T and WR Compositi.
- Cable routing is fully internal, a detail we chose to demonstrate the frame builder’s exquisite craftsmanship and to add a final flourish, both technically and aesthetically.
Each Stelbel frame is unique, exclusively made to measure and comes with custom geometry. You can send us a professional bike fit report or alternatively follow our instructions for completing our measurement form.
- FRONT SPACING 100 mm
- REAR SPACING 130 mm
- BOTTOM BRACKET T47
- SEATPOST DIAMETER 27,2 mm
- SEATPOST CLOSURE 30.0 mm seat clamp - not included
- FRONT RERAILLEUR MOUNT Braze-on or with 28,6 clamp - not included
- HEADTUBE Conical, 1”1/2 – 1”1/8
- FORK Carbon fiber 3k
- FORK STEERER Carbon fiber 3k - 1"1/8
- FORK RAKE 43 mm